Vizhonn is a startup company in its early development stage. The two founders, Anjali and Pavithra, wanted an online project management solution to manage the dozens of projects and hundreds of tasks they needed to complete to launch their new company. Because they were working with remote contractors to help them build their website and create their marketing and training materials, they needed a project management solution that made it easy to manage and collaborate with remote workers.
Pavithra searched the Internet for feature-rich yet budget friendly online project management software. After reviewing several online project management software solutions, Pavithra chose Hitask. Hitask provided the powerful project management tools found in high-end enterprise grade project management software platforms, yet Hitask was priced much lower than all of them, making Hitask the best solution for Anjali and Pavithra.
Evergreen’s clients were also pleased with Evergreen’s new workflow of using Hitask. Now they could see their specific projects and tasks in Hitask, they could always see the most up-to-date status of their projects and tasks, and they could provide notes and feedback, which would automatically be sent to all of the people working on their specific projects and tasks. This automated instant feedback system helped to significantly increase Evergreen’s productivity and the speed in which they are able to complete projects for their clients. This lowered Evergreen’s expenses and increased their profits by a solid 15%. It also made their clients happier with Evergreen’s services as they felt more involved and they liked the transparency of knowing exactly what projects and tasks were being worked on and the status of each task.
Vizhonn achieved their results by using these features found in Hitask:
- Hierarchical tasks and projects. This allows team members to create a project hierarchy,
assigning task pipelines with their own sub-tasks and allowing team members to easily attach documents.
- Task assignments with automatic notifications. Tasks assigned to team members are automatically
tracked. If a deadline timeframe is missed, all parties involved with that task, as well as the manager,
are automatically notified. When a task is completed, all involved team members are automatically
- File sharing. Upload files and attach them to tasks. When a new file is added, every person
associated with that task is automatically notified.
- Time Tracking. All team members can easily record their time spent on each individual task. This
time data later can be exported as a report on a per-project basis, and can be used for accounting.
- Reporting. In addition to Time Tracking reports, there are also reports available to detail the
progress of projects and tasks by team member.
- Automated Task Update Notifications. If there is a question or concern about a task, a team user
can make a note about that task and all people associated with that task are automatically notified.
Then, when a person replies, their response is automatically added to that task’s notes and the other
team members are automatically notified.
- Automated Task Completion Messaging. When a task is completed, all users associated with that
task are automatically notified.